Do you want to overtake your competition and leave them in a cloud of dust? In this blog post I will teach you some content marketing methods and tell you how to post consistently.
We know posting regularly is hard especially when there’s so many things to do in a day. The checklist seems to be endless. But, one thing we do know organisations and small to medium business’s that produce engaging, consistent content, see some of the greatest benefits.
CONTENT IS KEY 🔑
What not to do!
I used to work for a company that would hold content. I created so many cool videos for them and they continued to hold back from posting. They were waiting for that one viral post. The truth is you have to be incredibly lucky to get a viral video. But if you’re posting regularly there is more chance that one of your videos in the sea of thousands will get recognised and change your life forever. Some of the videos they still haven’t posted and these videos costed them thousands to make.
Firstly, why is posting consistently important?
• You’re able to build your business profile or personal brand. People will start to see you as an expert.
• You improve your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) leading to more traffic. Consistent content shows search engines that a website or blog is well maintained and that the information within it is valuable to specific search criteria.
• It’s good for pretty much all social media algorithms, including: Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and more…
• Look at your content posting like planting a seed. The more seeds you plant the more branches you’re putting our there in the digital world for prospects to notice you and come and purchase your product/service.
• Posting High Quality Video / Photo Content consistently establishes authority and credibility.
Secondly, What do you need to do?
• You need to create a content marketing calendar. Use a a calendar like: google calendar or apple calendar and set your times that you’ll post and stick to it.
• Plan content ahead. Always having 3-4 backup posts, blogs, etc. for busy times is crucial.
• I’m a big believer in posting organically but, there are some apps and services that allow you to streamline the process of posting your content, such as:
- Hootsuite – Which allows you to connect all major social media accounts and schedule your posts ahead of time. It also has some great monitoring / analytics tools.
- TweetDeck – You can manage multiple twitter accounts at once.
- Rebrandly – Similar to bit.ly but 10 times better in my option. It allows you to shorten your links, have the ability to brand them and track your audience’s cookies so that you can retarget ads to them via facebook pixel, google analytics and more…
• Automate and Delegate what you can but, remember to be human with your approach as quality and engaging content is important.
- Posting 1-2 posts per week on all major platforms is ideal. Looks at your insights and figure out when the good time for you to post is and stick to that. Use tools like google analytics for your blogs or instagram insights for you instagram posts to learn about your audience.
- Consistency in posting volume and timing is not the only important side of consistency. Make sure you define your target audience and and be consistent with your voice, tone and style as well.
- Stay on top of your customer engagement.
- You will get the opportunity to learn form your customers when you post consistently.
It takes about 6 months to build a social proof and get your perfect target audience to a number you are happy with and that converts more prospects. Because the more consistent you are the more trust you can instil in your prospects.
I know that all sounds quite overwhelming, especially when there’s so many other components to your business you have to take care of.
Leave a comment below if you have any questions! We also have some great packages available to run your social media for you and create content that builds your brand and social media outlets. Feel free to get in touch if you’re interested!